Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How long is a flight from Orlando, Florida to Seattle, Washington

How long is a flight from Orlando, Florida to Seattle, Washington?
I was looking at "cheap flights from Orlando to Seattle" for my boyfriend's next visit, and found this schedule: Alaska Airlines: May 18th, 2010. Depart at 8:30AM, arrive 11:30AM. I have just currently flown from Seattle, Washington ON Alaska Airlines to Phoenix, Arizona and it took me 2 1/2 hours. Why would it be 30 minutes more when Arizona is 3 states away from me, and Florida is far more? Does this mean my boyfriend's flight would be overnight?
Seattle - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
From what I checked via Southwest airlines, a trip from Orlando, FL to Seattle, WA is rough approx, 8-11 hours. Depends on the flight you take, route they take etc. Also dont forget they add the stop times and layover times as well. So the initial flight may only be 2 hours, but if the flight has you scheduled to have an hour layover at a stopping airport, then the travel time estimated will go up to 3 hours. So dont forget about layovers. Some flights go different routes than others. In a week Im going to Nashville, Tn from OKC, Oklahoma. They had different flights. One would take me to Dallas Tx, then to Nashville. The flight I chose is only 5 hours and will take me to Denver, CO then to Nashville rather than flying south to TX. Each flight had different flight times. (IE one was under 4 hours, one was 5 hours) Oklahoma isnt but 2 states away from TN yet its taking me 5 hours. Only because Ill be laid over in Denver for over an hour. Thus adding to my flight time. BTW Southwest has some pretty cheap flights. Last minute flight leaving tomorrow from Orlando to Seattle is 294 bucks online.
2 :
Kathryn - There is this thing called "time zones" that adjust the time as you go from east to west. In Phoenix Arizona the time zone is Mountain US, one hour ahead of Seattle (Pacific US) time. Orlando, Florida on the other hand is three hours ahead of Seattle. So the flight is not taking three hours it is taking 6 hours (accounting for the time change) - You really leave at 5:30 AM Seattle time and arrive at 11:30 AM Seattle time. You "gain" three hours going East to west and then lose those three hours going back to Orlando.
3 :
Hi I flew to Orlando in September from Seattle. On the way home we had a direct flight. The direct flight was six hours. We left Orlando at 6:00pm which is 3:00pm in Seattle and arrived in Seattle at 9:00pm

Search News