Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First and the last time flying with US Airways.

First and the last time flying with US Airways.?
I was taking a flight from Austin, TX to San Francisco, CA. The flight from Austin was delayed on the runway for about half an hour. When connecting flight in Phoenix, I was running for about 10 minutes to the gate and just to be informed that the plane was gone??!!! They gave me a seat on the next flight to SF next to an emergency door. I arrived in SF three hours late. Imagine this is a business trip and the meeting takes place an hour after your arrival. It will screw up your business.
Air Travel - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have flown with them once before to Chicago, and they were awful. Somehow I didn't check my bags in time even though I was an hour early... I tried to get a flight back to Jacksonville, FL, they didn't have one till the morning. I told them I'd fly to Orlando or even Tampa, they said they had nothing. I found out from ANOTHER AIRLINE that Airways had a flight to Orlando later that night that wasn't full. I tried to get that flight, they said I was too late...??? I took the morning flight, and the guy had the nerve to put on my ticket to get security checked...WOWZA.
2 :
Well.........think of it this way........if the aircraft was delayed there was a reason........it would much rather be late then hit the earth in a aluminum can going 600 mph....that would reall screw up your business...........
3 :
Why would you ever take a flight that would arrive in your destination city only an hour before an important meeting? Delays are common for a variety fo reasons..weather, mechanical problems. You should allow more leeway in your schedule. These kinds of things happen on all the airlines.
4 :
Think about this for a second. Sure, it may be frustrating, but airline buisness is PLUMMETING because of 9/11. More then you think. Did you hear about how US Airways make a huge cutback? So now, when you're flying with them, you're pilot on one flight may be the same on another flight. And when that flight is late, when the pilot gets there, they won't wait for you. So yeah, its frustrating, but when you fly, you have to be prepared for delays. They almost ALWAYS happen.
5 :
If you are going to change airlines every time you experience a delay, then you're going to eventually run out of airlines to choose from. As much as we don't want it to happen to us, airlines experience delays on a daily basis for all sorts of reasons. In your instance, US did everything it could for you (short of holding a flight so you could make a connection, which they won't do because it then inconveniences dozens of other people).
6 :
Planning a meeting one hour after arriving on a flight is pretty poor planning. If you run your business that way you'll fail miserably.

Search News