Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Can I bring a school backpack and a duffle bag onto a us airways flight

Can I bring a school backpack and a duffle bag onto a us airways flight?
I don't want to check anything if I can avoid it. The duffle bag is ruffly 10x10x21 inches and the backpack is 17x13x11 inches. I'm flying from Phoenix to Charlotte and then from Charlotte to Guatemala City. I'm not sure if it matters if it's an international flight. Thanks
Air Travel - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
one carry on only combine the two
2 :
that should be fine. i've seen people with more than that on us airways flights
3 :
I've done this before without any problems (on an international flight, too). Most airlines let you have a carry-on allowance (your duffel) as well as one other thing (backpack, purse, laptop bag, briefcase, etc). You should be fine. Its better to carry it all on...checking bags just leads to problems.
4 :
usually they will allow you one carry on size bag and a purse, computer, briefcase, or small tote so probably but check the airlines website or call them to be sure.
5 :
You can carry on 1 bag and 1 personal item ... your duffel bag is your carry on & the backpack is your personal item. Personal items include briefcases, purses, backpacks (school size, NOT hiking!), tote bags, cosmetic bags. When I travel, I take on a 22" roller bag and a totebag that holds my purse, cosmetics, magazines, & dvd player.
6 :
You should be fine to do that...unless you get an incredibly anal flight attendant.

Search News