Friday, July 1, 2011

What to do on overnight flight

What to do on overnight flight?
I just booked an overnight flight for my trip to Florida because it was a lot cheaper. The flight is from Phoenix to Atlanta on Delta. My iPod just broke, so I can look into getting another one but what do people do on an overnight flight? By the way I am a very light sleeper so that's why I won't be able to just sleep...
Air Travel - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Join the mile high club
2 :
Get some cheap earphones and watch the tv ? :)
3 :
Do what you can. Wear comfortable shoes and pants so you can relax, and try to read or listen to quiet music. It's a very long time to sit up watching movies or listening to death metal, and you will arrive very tired if you don't try to rest.
4 :
read a book, drink, dont go to bed the night before so sleeping is easier on the plane, do paperwork / schoolwork, eat a weed brownie. other than that theres not too much else you can do on a plane.
5 :
I can't sleep on flights either, just had an overnight flight from Calgary to Amsterdam. I pretty much watched movies, listened to music and read. Tried to get as many "cat naps" in as possible, every 10 minutes I could rest my eyes was welcome. There really is no best way to handle it just make sure you have enough to keep you occupied. * Also, put on some clean socks before you leave for the airport. You can kick you shoes off on the plane it's way more comfortable, but just be courteous and make sure your feet don't stink.
6 :
I don't think there'll be TV on the domestic flight. I'd read a book. Or the in-flight mag. But, if you do not want to disturb your neighbor try to do what you do when you can't sleep at home. Count sheep? Count backwards from 300 by threes? Do the same. Even if you can't fall asleep you'll have something to do. Also, try daydreaming. Seriously! Think of what you'll do once you reach Atlanta. I am generally a good sleeper. But, if I can't sleep I do the above.
7 :
get first class.... I sleep so much better in first rather than Coach. And I have trouble getting to sleep.
8 :
I can't sleep on planes either and I have a very long international flight coming up. I'm bringing my iPod and laptop plus some puzzle books. I have a lot of files on my laptop that need to be cleaned up and that always makes me drowsy. Yes, my seat loight will be on the entire flight but then my seat mate is also my travel companion so there's nothing to worry about.

Search News