Thursday, July 21, 2011

How many hours before my flight should I go to the airport

How many hours before my flight should I go to the airport?
Its the Salt Lake city airport and i'm flying to phoenix, arizona and my flight is at 5 pm
Air Travel - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Arrive in the ticket counter line two hours before the flight. Sometimes it takes a long time to get through that and the security screening. I've missed flights because it took too long. Be there at 3 PM
2 :
If you're standing in the check-in line by 4PM you should't have any problems.
3 :
It used to be 2 hours for international flights but I think it's a good idea for domestic flights too due to increased security.
4 :
At least 90 minutes before the scheduled flight.
5 :
I've gotten away with being at the airport about 35 minutes early for a domestic flight, but I would recommend 60 minutes. If you are checking luggage, it must be there no less than 30 minutes before your flight.
6 :
I would suggest 90 minutes to 2 hours prior to your flight. I've stood in line at the ticket counter for 1 hour just to get my boarding pass (the flight I was taking was accomodating passengers of another airline who's flight was canceled due to mechanical issues). There is no way I'd wait until 30 minutes prior to my flight before I arrived at the airport. It's always best to have extra time rather than not enough. http://waittime.tsa.dhs.gov/index.html This is a link to the TSA's website with aprox waiting times based on time of day and day of week. It's a great resource, however, keep in mind that all times are aproxmates and you wait time may be longer.

Search News